Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Drawing or so every Day or so for a Year!

My friend Jenny Oh gave me this idea while we rode south on the Pacific Coast Highway to Ventura:
do something (the same thing) everyday for a year. Like ride yer bike or eat bacon or draw.

It's August 22, 2010 and today I drew.
My plan is to learn to draw (better). Got through art school with a mediocre ability. I'll start with a still life or two and go from there. I will post the drawings even if they suck. :) No judgments!
I hope we will note a change in my abilities as time goes on. The first (two) drawings I attempted today gave me a case of the nerves, but here they are: both done in about 20 minutes, both ink on paper. The green one is actually the second of the two but bloggy blog mixed them up...



5 comments:

  1. hey bridget, very cool idea. btw, stuc = kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea, b! i am going to eat bacon every day for a year. your drawings are gorgeous, by the way- inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! i am going to eat bacon every day for a year. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! My friend Jenny Oh did that... can't say it's something I'd wanna do! :)

    ReplyDelete